What you will know after you finish this tutorial¶
This tutorial is really simple, but it should give you enough of a head start to writing applications using the Pyramid Web Framework. By the end of it, you should have a basic understanding of templating, working with databases, using URL routes to launch business logic (views), authentication, authorization, using a form library, and usage and pagination of our blog entries.
Pyramid_blogr makes some initial assumptions:
- We will use Pyramid's alchemy scaffold with SQLAlchemy as its ORM layer.
- Jinja2 templates will be our choice for templating engine.
- URL dispatch will be the default way for our view resolution.
- A single user in the database will be created during the setup phase.
- We will perform simple authentication of the user.
- The authenticated user will be authorized to make blog entries.
- The blog entries will be listed from newest to oldest.
- We will use the webhelpers2 package for pagination.
- The WTForms form library will provide form validation.
This tutorial was originally created by Marcin Lulek, developer, freelancer and founder of app enlight.